Welcome to my blog

Hello. I am Sherlock and this is my diary. My job title is "osteopath", and my work is problem-solving. This involves detective work, hence my name. Detective work involves reason and science, but is not limited by them. It also involves the eye of experience, and "hunches". Thus, some would regard my activities as those of a quack, a title I assume here with irony. I am writing this blog because I like writing. I am quite opinionated, and perhaps I suffer from a repressed need for expression. I have no particular prior "agenda"; if I have any bees in my bonnet, no doubt they will make themselves apparent by their buzzing. All names and identifying details of any people featuring in these anecdotes have been changed. Thank you for reading.

Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Introducing the Tashkent Whore

Cocktails are part of the Saturday night ritual chez Sherlock. For a while I have been playing around with that sophisticate the White Lady and her various cousins. Several Saturdays ago I had no gin, so I used vodka instead to the tune of 2 measures to one of Cointreau, and half of lemon juice. I christened her the Sebastopol Lady, but found out later her real name is the somewhat less pretentious Kamikaze. Never mind, she's still a lady to me. Last Saturday though, I had only a little gin, no cointreau, and only half a lemon. but I had a little vodka, some Triple Caimán* and some limes. So I mixed, per person:
  • Gin: 1 measure.
  • Vodka: 1 measure.
  • Triple Caimán: 1 measure.
  • Lemon juice: quarter measure.
  • Lime juice: quarter measure.
She is, I've decided, a Tashkent Whore, and a fruity little fire-cracker she is, too.

* Triple Caimán: a cheap Spanish orange liqueur.

No comments: